- Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation bookings and travel arrangements.
- December is the start of the South African summer holiday peak season. It is recommended that delegates should book flights and accommodation as soon as possible to secure their first choice in accommodation and qualify for the Talloires conference rates.
- A daily shuttle will transport delegates from the hotels/lodges to the Spier Conference Centre in the morning, with a return service in the evening on conclusion of the events of the day.
- Delegates, who prefer other types of accommodation not provided by the listed hotels or lodges, are most welcome to contact the Stellenbosch Tourism Information Office or consult their website for alternative accommodation. These delegates are requested to arrange self-drive car hire, as the distances and morning traffic will prohibit the shuttle service from making individual pick-ups. Various car hire companies operate from the Cape Town International Airport. Stellenbosch town is 50 km to the east of Cape Town. From the airport, take the N2 towards Somerset West. Turn left onto the R310 (Baden Powell Drive) and follow the road into Stellenbosch. The Spier Wine Estate, Hotel and Conference Centre is located along the R310 – on the right-hand side of the road when traveling from the N2 towards Stellenbosch.
General accommodation inquiries:
Stellenbosch Tourism Information
Tel: +27 (0)21 883 3584
Fax: +27 (0)21 883 9550
Arrival at Cape Town International Airport
There are daily international flights to Cape Town International Airport. An arrival kiosk will be arranged at Cape Town International Airport to welcome delegates. Delegates will be responsible for arranging their own transportation from Cape Town International Airport to Stellenbosch.
- Delegates who would prefer to arrange an individual chauffeur service for the duration of the conference can contact:
Bettina Shuttle & Tours
Tel: +27 (0)21 887 0702
Fax: +27 (0)21 887 2402
Cell: 082 076 2958