The Talloires Network is an international association of institutions committed to strengthening the civic roles and social responsibilities of higher education. We work together to implement the recommendations of the Talloires Declaration and build a global movement of engaged universities.
We believe that higher education institutions do not exist in isolation from society, nor from the communities in which they are located. The Talloires Network envisions universities around the world as a vibrant and dynamic force in their societies, incorporating civic engagement and community service into their research and teaching mission.
- Respect for mutual learning between institutions of higher education and communities
- The application of standards of excellence to community engagement work
- The aspiration for diversity in both our membership and our approach to civic engagement
- Empowerment of individuals and groups to strengthen relationships between higher education and society
- Scholarly recognition of the value of service and action in teaching and research
- Expand higher education civic engagement programs through teaching, research, and public service
- Apply higher education standards of excellence and peer review to community engagement
- Foster partnerships between institutions of higher education and communities to empower groups and individuals and increase the relevance of higher education
- Facilitate the creation of regional networks of universities dedicated to civic engagement
Learn more at the Talloires Network’s website>>